Thursday, May 30, 2013

Daily report: May 29th 2013

Today GSoC really started to kick in. I started a repo for the project here. As Mic suggested, I started working on getting the tabbrowser to accept tabs that aren't linked to conversations.
  • As a start, I made a clone of the _addConversation method in tabbrowser.xml, and made some changes to let it add non-conversation content. Here's a diff of _addConversation and addGenericTab with Mic's comments.
  • I then created tabtest.xml and tabtest.css (for binding) in order to test it out.
  • I created a small add-on (bootstrap.js) to add a new tab with the contents of tabtest.xml when the buddy list is clicked. I couldn't get it to work however.
  • Mic got it to work from the error console using the same code, but we couldn't figure out what was wrong on my end and decided to debug further tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment